Portus Praha is a Czech non-profit organization which actively supports people with mental disabilities. The mission of the organization, its charitable activities and helping others impressed us so much, that we didn´t hesitate when they asked us for a pro bono help with customization of their CRM and training for the users.
We introduce you Portus Praha
Portus Praha is a generally beneficial company with the main aim to help people with mental disabilities not to be excluded from the society. It supports and helps them to have dignified accommodation, work and a possibility to develop themselves like anybody else.
Within their scope of activities, they organise endowment activities, trainings, educational courses, produce gift items and so called “delicacies with stories”. Their most successful activity is “Cihla” (“Brick”) – the nationwide beneficial charity collection and public enlightenment campaign.
Text in the picture: BUY A BRICK and help people with mental disabilities
Non-profit organizations need CRM as well
Realization of all mentioned activities required a considerable amount of coordination effort as well as a CRM system for recording and managing contacts with which Portus Praha worked on daily basis. That was a reason why the organization in 2017 decided for in-house implementation of the Dynamics CRM system. However, the implemented CRM solution wasn´t customized according to their needs, so it did not allow employees to use the full potential of the system for customer relationship management.
In September 2017, Portus Praha turned to us with a request for pro bono activities – a Dynamics CRM training for its employees and potential system customization. Since we were very fond of their activities, we didn´t hesitate and our cooperation began immediately.
Phase 1: Customization of the CRM solution
After the initial analysis we realized that the implemented CRM wasn´t customized to the needs of the organization what didn´t allow them to use the full potential of the system and all its advantages. After two meetings, we decided to customize it, so it will be able to meet the expectation of the organization.
Within the customization of the solution, we implemented the following essential CRM changes:
- We divided the existing entity “Account” into legal and natural persons
- On the “Account” entity – there are recorded standard activities, contact persons, contact information (addresses, phone and email contacts), which are displayed only to selected users according to set security rules
- Within the “Account” entity, we implemented the register of various categories of contributions, e.g. charity events, voluntary donations, trainings, educational courses, gift items, “delicacies with stories” orders, etc.
- We created individual entities with their own attributes for all the upper-mentioned categories of contribution
- We made possible to record “Leads” with the potential to transform them later into “Contacts” or “Accounts” (legal or natural entities) based on a launched business process
- We significantly simplified the marketing campaign form
- We created roles for users, so each user has an access only to the subjects and records he or she works with. It ensured not only higher data security, but what is more, higher transparency of required information.
Phase 2: Training
After the system customization, a two-day training took place:
- The 1st day was attended by Gabriela Štěpánková, a manager of Portus Praha, and an IT specialist who originally implemented and customized CRM within the organization. During this first day we focused on basic system customization, creation and edition of fields, forms, views, dashboards, user administration and data migration.
- On the 2nd day, all CRM users were present. We explained them how to work with the newly designed system and how to create new or edit existing records.
We are thankful for the great opportunity
It is important to mention that the cooperation underwent in a very friendly atmosphere directly in the Portus Praha office. We believe that thanks to our help, the organization will perform their exceptional activities more efficiently.
Besides expressing our thanks for this great opportunity and professional cooperation with Portus Praha employees, we would also like to point out the professional approach and outstanding work of our CRM consultant Oľga Rembish, who fully participated on this charitable activity. It´s been proved by the statement regarding our cooperation of the Portus Praha PR manager:
“We were planning the implementation of CRM into Portus almost a year and the cooperation with Millennium quickly moved us towards our goal. We were enthusiastic, because during the short period of time Oľga Rembish tailored our system to our needs and prepared training for the whole organization. Now we can take better care of our clients and donors. Many thanks on behalf of Portus.”Gabriela Štěpánková, PR Manager
Do you need to customize CRM in your company?
Author: Michaela Magátová