The application which Millennium has provided for one of the major Internet providers in Europe has unified and simplified management of internal processes of individual companies belonging to the provider´s group. Implementation of the central application has offered a detailed overview of performed orders and drawing budgets of individual departments.
Before our cooperation began, the Internet provider group had not had any central system serving for unified administration of internal processes. The entire process of internal orders approval had undergone mainly via e-mails, phone calls and in the paper form.
Unproductive exchange of important information had not been desirable in terms of employees´ time and administrative burden. Over time, it had been more and more difficult for the management to keep track of increasing number of orders and drawing budgets of individual companies.
That was the reason why the management had decided to make the management of internal processes more effective and provide the group members with higher comfort in terms of administration.
PowerApps as the most suitable technology
During the initial phase of the project, we performed Proof of Concept (PoC) at the customer. We mapped current situation, selected the most suitable technology and set the project plan. The customer had already used Microsoft Office 365, so we could build the new solution on the Microsoft PowerApps platform. For this purpose, the Microsoft SharePoint platform was used as the connector to PowerApps.
The Cloud application has interconnected several companies within the group
The delivered application has made the management of internal processes related to ordering goods and services from suppliers by the companies belonging to the group more effective. The online application has supported digital transformation of the entire group.
The solution offers:
A unified system for creation of internal orders
- preparation of a requisition from which an order is later created runs directly in the online application;
- a central database of all orders.
Online invoice storage
- incoming invoices are automatically paired with the requisition or order with the same number;
- the billing department has access to invoices directly in PowerApps.
A 360-degree view on the approval process
- the application provides more detailed information on the flow of the entire process – data on a customer, approval process, supplier, order amount, final invoice or potential reasons for rejecting the requisition, etc.
Implementation of procedural work-flows
- an applicant creates a request in the online application – they have several types of forms at disposition (e.g. a form for a standard requisition, for a framework or key supplier, etc.);
- an approver receives an automatically generated e-mail with a request to approve a requisition;
- cheaper items are approved by a direct superior, on the other hand the most expensive items are approved by board members;
- the approver approves or rejects the requisition directly in the application (they might as well add the reason of rejection);
- the approver is informed about the outcome of approval via e-mail;
- an order is created from the approved requisition which is automatically sent to the supplier via electronic means.
Drawing budgets control
- the management has a detailed overview on drawing budgets of individual departments what helps to responsibly manage financial resources.
Access to data
- access to important data in PowerApps anytime and from any device (a computer, tablet or mobile phone).
1. A central tool making internal processes more effective.
2. The cloud solution has optimized the communication process related to ordering and approving goods and services and allowed to approve individual requisitions and create framework orders budgets, generate and send orders with a unique number directly within the application without the need for unnecessary e-mail communication.
3. A more detailed overview of performed orders.
4. Interconnection of orders and accounting documents at one place and the possibility of transparent display of incoming accounting documents.
5. The easier invoicing process. Invoice settlement and processing of accounting documents run based on the information from invoices and requisitions.
Thanks to the agile approach of project management, the customer had a comprehensive continuous overview of the project status and outcomes of individual spurts.
If you would like to find out more about the implemented solution, download the case study.
If you are looking for a solution which would make your company processes more effective, do not hesitate and contact us. We are ready to go through your requirements together and suggest an optimal solution for you.